Air source heat pumps basically absorb heat from the outside air, converting the air to warm water available to be used by your heating & hot water system. Heat Pumps can be used to heat radiators, under floor heating systems, or warm air convectors and the hot water cylinder in your home.
The benefits of air source heat pumps
- Can lower fuel bills, especially if you are using conventional electric heating.
- Can reduce your carbon footprint: heat pumps can lower your home's carbon emissions, depending on which fuel you are replacing.
- No fuel deliveries required.
- Once set, totally automatic.
- Can provide space heating and hot water
- Needs little maintenance over the lifetime of the install
- Can be easier to install than a ground source heat pump.
- Can be combined with solar photovoltaic panels to reduce electric fuel bills even further.
- Grants are available.
Important to Remember
Must be sized correctly to work with your heating & hot water system.
Your property needs to be highly insulated (as for all heating systems) to maximise heat pump benefits.
Rule & Parker Installations
As Microgeneration (MCS) qualified installers of Air Source Heat Pumps, Rule & Parker Ltd has combined with high quality manufacturers such as Mitsubishi & Vaillant to offer exceptional heating products at very competitive prices.
The Ecodan heat pump range is suitable for small to large applications. Using proven heat pump technology to deliver effective, low carbon heating and hot water, Mitsubishi Electric’s award winning Ecodan systems provide a simple, renewable solution that rivals traditional heating systems:
- Helps achieve renewable energy targets
- Capable of reducing running costs and CO2 emissions
- Easy to design, install and maintain
- Fully scalable and can work independently or in conjunction with other systems
- Optimised systems from 4kW to 688kW
- MCS approved
From small flats to large detached houses, and from an office block to a school, Ecodan offers an alternative choice to traditional heating systems. Ecodan is a reliable, sustainable heating technology and able to provide efficient space heating and hot water all year round.
Like any heating system, Ecodan works effectively in properties with high levels of thermal efficiency. Where possible we recommend undertaking basic improvements in existing properties such as cavity wall insulation, loft insulation and double glazing, before installing a heat pump.